One Kansas Farmer: A Kansas Number Book
by Devin Scillian
Following the success of S is for Sunflower: A Kansas Alphabet, husbandand- wife author team Devin and Corey Scillian join illustrator Doug Bowles in another rousing state tribute. One Kansas Farmer: A Kansas Number Book "counts out" an entertaining and educational travelogue of the state's history, geography, famous people, and places. Topics include the dancing prairie chickens and the invention of the microchip. Corey and Devin Scillian are graduates of the University of Kansas. They now live in Michigan where Devin anchors the news for WDIV-TV in Detroit. Devin's other children's books include the bestselling A is for America: An American Alphabet and Brewster the Rooster. Doug Bowles enjoys working with a wide range of clients in advertising, corporate, and editorial jobs, as well as in the children's book market. He also enjoys working on fine art collections and shows frequently in galleries around Kansas. Doug lives in Leawood, Kansas.
- Dewey: 978.1
- Graphics: Full-color illustrations
- Hardcover (9781585361823): 40 pages, 11 (w) x 9 (h), © 2009, 07/14/2009
- PDF (9781585365951): 40 pages, 11 (w) x 9 (h), © 2011, 07/01/2011
- Hosted ebook (9781627533614): 40 pages, © 2014, 08/15/2013
- Subject: Geography, Math & Science
- Series: America by the Numbers
- Suggested Interest Level: Age 6 - Age 8
- ATOS Reading Level: 6.1
- ATOS Interest Level: MG
- Accelerated Reader® Quiz: 133287
- Accelerated Reader® Points: 1.0
- JUVENILE NONFICTION / Concepts / Counting & Numbers (JNF013030)
- JUVENILE NONFICTION / History / United States / State & Local (JNF025180)
- Kansas State Reading Circle Selection for the Catalog Pre K-2nd Grade Category, Short-listed, 2009
No reviews found.
Author: Devin Scillian
Devin Scillian is an award-winning author and Emmy award-winning broadcast journalist. He has written more than 10 books with Sleeping Bear Press, including the best-selling A is for America: An American Alphabet, Brewster the Rooster, Johnny Kaw and Memoirs of a Hamster. Devin lives in Michigan and anchors the news for WDIV-TV in Detroit.
Illustrator: Doug Bowles
A graduate of the Columbus College of Art & Design in Columbus, Ohio, Doug Bowles has been a freelance illustrator for 20 years. In addition to Doug’s illustrations for children, he enjoys working with a wide range of clients in the advertising, corporate and editorial communities. His work has been selected many times in the Society of Illustrators West competition, and he has had several gallery showings. Doug lives in Leawood, Kansas, with his wife and two children.