B is for Badger: A Wisconsin Alphabet
by Kathy-jo Wargin
The intriguing facts and faces, history and places of Wisconsin are revealed to readers young and old in B is for Badger: A Wisconsin Alphabet. From its leaders in fine arts and architecture (Georgia O'Keefe and Frank Lloyd Wright) to its pioneers in nature conservation (John Muir and Aldo Leopold), Wisconsin has been an influence on major movements in education, industry, and use of natural resources. Brought to life with lyric rhymes and expressive, original artwork, B is for Badger showcases for natives and visitors alike the splendors of Wisconsin.Born in Tower, Minnesota, Kathy-jo Wargin has spent a great deal of time in the upper Midwest. Previously, she teamed up with illustrator Gijsbert van Frankenhuyzen on the award-winning Legend series, including The Legend of the Lady's Slipper (Upper Midwest Bookseller's Favorite). B is for Badger is her fourth state alphabet book. She lives with her family in Petoskey, Michigan.Renee Graef is new to the Sleeping Bear Press family but is very well known as a children's book illustrator for the American Girls collection with Pleasant Company. She has also illustrated for Boyd's Bears and is the illustrator of HarperCollin's My First Little House series. Renee attended the University of Wisconsin and the University of Madison; she lives in Milwaukee with her family.
- Dewey: 977.5
- Graphics: Full-color illustrations
- Hardcover (9781585361359): 40 pages, 11 (w) x 9 (h), © 2004, 05/13/2004
- PDF (9781585366309): 40 pages, 11 (w) x 9 (h), © 2010, 09/27/2010
- Hosted ebook (9781627533416): 40 pages, © 2014, 08/15/2013
- Subject: Geography, Language Arts
- Series: Discover America State by State
- Suggested Interest Level: Age 6 - Age 8
- ATOS Reading Level: 6.8
- ATOS Interest Level: MG
- Accelerated Reader® Quiz: 78889
- Accelerated Reader® Points: 1.0
- JUVENILE NONFICTION / History / United States / State & Local (JNF025180)
- JUVENILE NONFICTION / People & Places / United States / General (JNF038100)
- JUVENILE NONFICTION / Concepts / Alphabet (JNF013010)
- MBA Midwest Book Award nominee, Runner-up, 2005
No editorial reviews found.
Author: Kathy-jo Wargin
Kathy-jo Wargin is the author of more than 45 books and has earned national acclaim through award-winning children’s classics such as Michigan’s official state book, The Legend of Sleeping Bear, Children’s Choice Award winner The Legend of the Loon, The Edmund Fitzgerald: Song of the Bell, and many others. Kathy-jo enjoys writing about nature, folklore, and its effect on all our lives. She is a frequent guest speaker and presenter for associations, school districts, and conferences throughout the country. She lives in Minnetonka, Minnesota.
Illustrator: Renée Graef
Renée Graef is a very well known children’s book illustrator for the American Girls collection with Pleasant Company. She has also illustrated for Boyd’s Bears and is the illustrator of HarperCollin’s My First Little House series. Renée attended the University of Wisconsin-Madison; she lives in Milwaukee with her family.
- Item count: 0
- Subtotal: $0.00