Round Up: A Texas Number Book
by Carol Crane
Author Carol Crane and illustrator Alan Stacy who collaborated on the popular alphabet book L is for Lone Star have teamed up again for Round Up, the companion counting book for the great state of Texas. This colorful and richly informative pictorial teaches children numbers and math concepts by using historical figures and places and things specific to Texas as examples.
- Dewey: 976.4
- Graphics: Full-color illustrations
- Hardcover (9781585361335): 40 pages, 11 (w) x 9 (h), © 2004, 12/01/2003
- Subject: Geography, Math & Science
- Series: America by the Numbers
- Suggested Interest Level: Age 6 - Age 8
- ATOS Reading Level: 5.3
- ATOS Interest Level: MG
- Accelerated Reader® Quiz: 105055
- Accelerated Reader® Points: 0.5
- JUVENILE NONFICTION / History / United States / State & Local (JNF025180)
- JUVENILE NONFICTION / Concepts / Counting & Numbers (JNF013030)
No editorial reviews found.
Author: Carol Crane
Lecturer and book reviewer Carol Crane is widely recognized by many schools and educators for her expertise in children’s literature. She has conducted in-service seminars for teachers at many schools across the country. She also instituted a summer reading program for teachers and media specialists. Carol travels extensively and speaks at state reading conventions across the United States and lives in Michigan, Florida and North Carolina.
Illustrator: Alan Stacy
Alan drew his first painting at the age of 18 months—on the wall at home! Luckily, his mother—also an artist—encouraged him from the start, enrolling him in an adult drawing class at age eight. Alan’s father, an Air Force pilot, took the family to Germany, Virginia, Alaska and New Mexico before settling in Texas in 1975. Alan credits his family’s travels for his profound love of animals and nature, which is reflected in his art.
Alan worked in broadcast television as a graphic artist for many years before becoming a self-employed illustrator and designer. Alan also teaches cartooning, comic book art and illustration. He lives in Arlington, Texas.
- Item count: 0
- Subtotal: $0.00