Y is for Yellowhammer: An Alabama Alphabet
by Carol Crane
Travel across the diverse state of Alabama and meet its famous sons and daughters, from legendary football coach Bear Bryant to the remarkable Helen Keller and civil rights activist Rosa Parks. Visit landmarks such as the Bellingrath Home, or stop by Landmark Park and see how a farm was run in the 1890s. Written in the popular two-tier format for the Discover America State by State series, with simple rhymes for younger children and expository text for older children, Y is for Yellowhammer is a delightful tour of the state of Alabama.
- Dewey: 976.1
- Graphics: Full-color illustrations
- Hardcover (9781585361182): 40 pages, 11 (w) x 9 (h), © 2004, 09/30/2003
- PDF (9781585366422): 40 pages, 11 (w) x 9 (h), © 2010, 10/08/2010
- Hosted ebook (9781627533348): 40 pages, © 2014, 08/15/2013
- Subject: Geography, Language Arts
- Series: Discover America State by State
- Suggested Interest Level: Age 6 - Age 8
- ATOS Reading Level: 6.0
- ATOS Interest Level: MG
- Accelerated Reader® Quiz: 74441
- Accelerated Reader® Points: 1.0
- JUVENILE NONFICTION / History / United States / State & Local (JNF025180)
- JUVENILE NONFICTION / People & Places / United States / General (JNF038100)
- JUVENILE NONFICTION / Concepts / Alphabet (JNF013010)
No editorial reviews found.
Author: Carol Crane
Lecturer and book reviewer Carol Crane is widely recognized by many schools and educators for her expertise in children’s literature. She has conducted in-service seminars for teachers at many schools across the country. She also instituted a summer reading program for teachers and media specialists. Carol travels extensively and speaks at state reading conventions across the United States and lives in Michigan, Florida and North Carolina.
Illustrator: Ted Burn
Ted Burn’s career as a painter has evolved from 30 years as a graphic eesigner and 18 years as a successful illustrator. Educated at Presbyterian College and The Art Institute at The High Museum of Art in Atlanta, Ted has also taught classes at the Eastern Shore Arts Association in Fairhope, Alabama. Ted’s hobbies include building small boats—and he sailed on one called Water Color. He also has a skiff called Sketch. He is an avid gardener and will soon be moving back to Daphne, Alabama with his wife, Dianne, and their numerous pets.
- Item count: 0
- Subtotal: $0.00