B is for Big Sky Country: A Montana Alphabet
by Sneed B. Collard
"The sky in Montana somehow seems bigger, bluer, and more spectacular than in any other state." Author Sneed B. Collard, III writes, "it's simply because our sky stretches over such an abundance of beauty." In B is for Big Sky Country readers will find out where the Going-to-the-Sun Road really takes you and what city the copper capitol dome calls home.
- Dewey: 978.6
- Graphics: Full-color illustrations
- Hardcover (9781585360987): 40 pages, 11 (w) x 9 (h), © 2004, 08/11/2003
- PDF (9781585366163): 40 pages, 11 (w) x 9 (h), © 2010, 10/08/2010
- Hosted ebook (9781627533287): 40 pages, © 2014, 08/15/2013
- Subject: Geography, Language Arts, Math & Science
- Series: Discover America State by State
- Suggested Interest Level: Age 6 - Age 8
- ATOS Reading Level: 6.4
- ATOS Interest Level: MG
- Accelerated Reader® Quiz: 72315
- Accelerated Reader® Points: 1.0
- JUVENILE NONFICTION / History / United States / State & Local (JNF025180)
- JUVENILE NONFICTION / People & Places / United States / General (JNF038100)
- JUVENILE NONFICTION / Concepts / Alphabet (JNF013010)
- Montana Center for the Book selection for the National Book Festival Exhibit, Winner, 2005
- Missoula Reads Selection, Short-listed, 2005
No editorial reviews found.
Author: Sneed B. Collard
Sneed B. Collard has written more than 30 books for young people, including the popular titles Animal Dads, Leaving Home, Beaks!, Butterfly Count and The Forest in the Clouds, which Booklist magazine named one of their Top Ten Children’s Science Books and the International Reading Association selected as a Teacher’s Choices book. Sneed lives in Missoula, Montana, within sight of the giant “M”. When he’s not writing or walking his border collie, Mattie, he often can be found speaking to schoolchildren and teachers around the country about science, nature, and writing.
Illustrator: Joanna Yardley
Joanna Yardley was born in Bishop’s Stortford England and moved to the states as a child. She is a graduate of Rhode Island School of Design (RISD) and has had the pleasure of working with some of the greats in the industry—Chris Van Allsburg, David Macaulay and Jane Yolen. She has illustrated a number of award-winning children’s books, including “The Bracelet” by Yoshiko Uchida, which was named a New York Times Book Review Best Illustrated Book. Jo and her husband Dale have lived on both coasts and now both borders of this beautiful country. They are raising their son Max in Missoula, Montana, along with their pets—Osa and Serena.
- Item count: 0
- Subtotal: $0.00