A is for Arches: A Utah Alphabet
by Becky Hall
"We'll start with Utah's arches, made from wind, frost, and rain. Nature's rocky sculptures -- an art that can't remain." From H is for Handcarts to Z is for Zion National Park, A is for Arches presents the history, landscape, and people of the great state of Utah.
- Dewey: 979.2
- Graphics: Full-color illustrations
- Hardcover (9781585360963): 40 pages, 11 (w) x 9 (h), © 2004, 08/19/2003
- PDF (9781585366491): 40 pages, 11 (w) x 9 (h), © 2010, 10/08/2010
- Hosted ebook (9781627533263): 40 pages, © 2014, 08/15/2013
- Subject: Geography, Language Arts
- Series: Discover America State by State
- Suggested Interest Level: Age 6 - Age 8
- ATOS Reading Level: 6.0
- ATOS Interest Level: MG
- Accelerated Reader® Quiz: 73092
- Accelerated Reader® Points: 1.0
- JUVENILE NONFICTION / History / United States / State & Local (JNF025180)
- JUVENILE NONFICTION / People & Places / United States / General (JNF038100)
- Beehive Award Nominee, 2004
- Gov. Olene Walker's July Book of the Month, Winner, 2004
No reviews found.
Author: Becky Hall
Becky Hall is an elementary school teacher who lives in Salt Lake City, Utah, with her husband and two children. She is an active member of her local library/media association and the Society of Children’s Book Writers and Illustrators. She loves children’s bookstores and regularly attends writing workshops. In her free time, Becky hikes in the mountains of Utah with her dogs.
Illustrator: Katherine Larson
In addition to being an artist, Katherine Larson is also a diva, with extensive experience and recognition as an opera singer. She trained for more than two years in Italy and continues to do local performances and often incorporates music and singing in her school presentations. Katherine lives in Ann Arbor, Michigan.
- Item count: 0
- Subtotal: $0.00