Cardinal Numbers: An Ohio Counting Book
by Marcia Schonberg
The author and the illustrator, who collaborated on the popular alphabet book B is for Buckeye, have teamed up again for Cardinal Numbers, the companion counting book for the great state of Ohio. This colorful and richly informative pictorial teaches children about numbers and math concepts by using people, places, and things specific to Ohio as examples. As the elementary age students begin to grasp these concepts, they learn more and more about their state in the process. Cardinal Numbers is a wonderful tool for educators, and along with B is for Buckeye, has become supplemental reading for every elementary-school classroom in Ohio.
- Dewey: 977.1
- Graphics: Full-color illustrations
- Hardcover (9781585360840): 40 pages, 11 (w) x 9 (h), © 2003, 09/05/2002
- Subject: Geography, Math & Science
- Series: America by the Numbers
- Suggested Interest Level: Age 6 - Age 8
- ATOS Reading Level: 5.0
- ATOS Interest Level: MG
- Accelerated Reader® Quiz: 105051
- Accelerated Reader® Points: 0.5
- JUVENILE NONFICTION / History / United States / State & Local (JNF025180)
- JUVENILE NONFICTION / People & Places / United States / Other (JNF018050)
- Ohio Farm Bureau Honor's List, Short-listed, 2003
No editorial reviews found.
Author: Marcia Schonberg
Ohio native and award-winning journalist Marcia Schonberg’s written more than a dozen children’s books and frequently contributes to national periodicals and daily newspapers, including the Columbus Dispatch and the Medina Gazette. Marcia is an active member of the American Society of Journalists and Authors, the Ohioana Library Association, Midwest Travels Writers Association, and the Society of Children’s Book Writers and Illustrators. She splits residency between Lexington, Ohio and Naples, Florida and travels extensively uncovering topics for her books and articles.
Illustrator: Bruce Langton
Bruce Langton’s unmistakable style and unique ability to capture not only sporting and wildlife scenes, but also contemporary landscapes has won him numerous awards including the 1998 Featured Artist for the Northern Wildlife Art Expo. He lives with his family in Granger, Indiana.
- Item count: 0
- Subtotal: $0.00