G is for Grand Canyon: An Arizona Alphabet
by Barbara Gowan
Yes, the magnificent Grand Canyon sprawls across northwestern Arizona. Many of us have been there and many of us will visit it soon, but how much do we know about the rest of this southwestern state? Author Barbara Gowan and illustrator Katherine Larson help elementary-aged students and older readers alike discover the wonders of the Grand Canyon State through rich images, informative expository text, and simple rhymes. G is for Grand Canyon's multi-tiered approach to educating and entertaining assures that this fall thousands of readers will travel through pages from A to Z, in and around and beyond the Grand Canyon.
- Dewey: 979.1
- Graphics: Full-color illustrations
- Hardcover (9781585360680): 40 pages, 11 (w) x 9 (h), © 2003, 08/26/2002
- PDF (9781585366279): 40 pages, 11 (w) x 9 (h), © 2010, 10/08/2010
- Hosted ebook (9781627533195): 40 pages, © 2014, 08/15/2013
- Subject: Geography, Language Arts
- Series: Discover America State by State
- Suggested Interest Level: Age 6 - Age 8
- ATOS Reading Level: 6.7
- ATOS Interest Level: MG
- Accelerated Reader® Quiz: 69304
- Accelerated Reader® Points: 1.0
- JUVENILE NONFICTION / History / United States / State & Local (JNF025180)
- JUVENILE NONFICTION / People & Places / United States / General (JNF038100)
- JUVENILE NONFICTION / Concepts / Alphabet (JNF013010)
No editorial reviews found.
Author: Barbara Gowan
Barbara Gowan, a former park naturalist, is a Sales Director for Discovery Toys. The University of Notre Dame graduate also educates parents on children’s literacy. Barbara lives in Scottsdale with her husband and two teenage daughters, where she shares her yard with a covey of quail, a family of javelina, wandering coyotes and an occasional rattlesnake.
Illustrator: Bruce Langton
Bruce Langton’s unmistakable style and unique ability to capture not only sporting and wildlife scenes, but also contemporary landscapes has won him numerous awards including the 1998 Featured Artist for the Northern Wildlife Art Expo. He lives with his family in Granger, Indiana.
- Item count: 0
- Subtotal: $0.00