B is for Bluegrass: A Kentucky Alphabet
by Mary Ann McCabe Riehle
Mary Ann McCabe Riehle offers readers, young and old, the opportunity to take a horseback ride through the rich history and beautiful landscape of the Bluegrass State. From A to Z, McCabe Riehle's rhyming verse and interesting sidebar text will impart unique facts about Kentucky's spirited heritage, while Wes Burgiss' colorful illustrations are the next best thing to actually spending a week or two exploring the great state yourself.
- Dewey: 976.9
- Graphics: Full-color illustrations
- Hardcover (9781585360567): 40 pages, 11 (w) x 9 (h), © 2003, 11/12/2002
- PDF (9781585366453): 40 pages, 11 (w) x 9 (h), © 2010, 10/15/2010
- Hosted ebook (9781627533133): 40 pages, © 2014, 08/15/2013
- Subject: Geography, Language Arts
- Series: Discover America State by State
- Suggested Interest Level: Age 6 - Age 8
- ATOS Reading Level: 6.1
- ATOS Interest Level: MG
- Accelerated Reader® Quiz: 69300
- Accelerated Reader® Points: 1.0
- JUVENILE NONFICTION / History / United States / State & Local (JNF025180)
- JUVENILE NONFICTION / People & Places / United States / General (JNF038100)
No editorial reviews found.
Author: Mary Ann McCabe Riehle
As a teacher, author, and mother, Mary Ann McCabe Riehle has motivated young students and adults to follow their dreams and tell their stories. A graduate of Xavier University with degrees in Communication Arts and Education, she has been a featured speaker at reading and writing conferences. She hopes her children’s books will encourage and inspire readers. Mary Ann lives in Dexter, Michigan with her husband, Paul and daughters, Bridget and Ellen.
Illustrator: Wes Burgiss
Wes Burgiss holds a BFA degree from Transylvania University as well as a BFA degree from the Ringling School of Art and Design. He began his professional career in advertising as an art director in the creative department, where he quickly worked his way up. After working as executive creative director for several agencies, he founded his own advertising agency. Today, Wes continues his marketing efforts with Eyemagination, a new self-owned company that offers branding and marketing expertise to corporations of all sizes. He also enjoys his role as Director of Marketing Services for Bellarmine University. Happily married and the father of two children, Wes lives in Louisville, Kentucky.
- Item count: 0
- Subtotal: $0.00