L is for Lobster: A Maine Alphabet
by Cynthia Furlong Reynolds
From the Penobscots, Passaquamoddies, Puritans, and pilgrims, to the proud people "Down East," L is for Lobster is the alphabet book for all Mainers. The rhymes and text woven through A to Z teach children about the many wonders of this great vacationland. Open the pages and explore the Quoddy lighthouse, learn about Old Town Canoe Company, or search the beaches for ocean treasures. With charming, warm illustrations from Jeannie Brett, as well as playful rhymes and informative text from Maine native Cynthia Furlong Reynolds, L is for Lobster is sure to become a favorite of children, teachers, and parents. Rediscover the deep, rich woodlands and sparkling ocean playgrounds of Maine through this delightful alphabet journey!
- Dewey: 974.1
- Graphics: Full-color illustrations
- Hardcover (9781585360246): 40 pages, 11 (w) x 9 (h), © 2002, 06/01/2001
- PDF (9781585367573): 40 pages, 11 (w) x 9 (h), © 2010, 10/22/2010
- Hosted ebook (9781627533041): 40 pages, © 2014, 08/15/2013
- Subject: Geography, Language Arts
- Series: Discover America State by State
- Suggested Interest Level: Age 6 - Age 8
- ATOS Reading Level: 6.2
- ATOS Interest Level: MG
- Accelerated Reader® Quiz: 69310
- Accelerated Reader® Points: 1.0
- JUVENILE NONFICTION / History / United States / State & Local (JNF025180)
- JUVENILE NONFICTION / People & Places / United States / General (JNF038100)
- JUVENILE NONFICTION / Concepts / Alphabet (JNF013010)
No editorial reviews found.
Author: Cynthia Furlong Reynolds
Cynthia is an award-winning journalist. Her byline has appeared in newspapers, magazines and books. She first launched her quest for intriguing words and lilting rhymes when she wrote L is for Lobster: A Maine Alphabet and S is for Star: A Christmas Alphabet. Cynthia and her husband Mark have three children, Chip, Ben and Elizabeth.
Illustrator: Jeannie Brett
Jeannie enjoys visiting elementary schools around New England, sharing with both students and educators her original artwork, her love of the natural world and her excitement about the process of illustrating and writing children’s books. Jeannie studied at the School of the Museum of Fine Arts in Boston and at the Minneapolis College of Art and Design. She lives in York, Maine, with her husband Greg, and their three children, Gregory, Sophie, and Lee. They share their home with a horse named Bailey, a wonderful Newfoundland, Cali, and two enormous cats (brothers) Macaroni and Tortellini.
- Item count: 0
- Subtotal: $0.00